пятница, 4 апреля 2014 г.

1752 - "A New Version of the Psalms of David", John Barnard

Author: John Barnard
A New Version of the Psalms of David: Fitted to the Tunes Used in the Churches, With Several Hymns Out of the Old, and New, Testament (1752), p.38

1. Jehovah my kind shepherd is,
He doth my wants supply;
2. In pastures green, by waters still,
He makes me down to lie.
3. My soul, so prone to go astray,
He mildly doth reclaim;
And leads me on in righteous paths,
For the honor of his name.
4. Though through death's shady vale I walk,
No evil will I fear;
Thy rod directs, and staff defends,
For thou art with me there.
5. My table thou hast richly spread,
In presence of my foes;
Thou dost my head with oil anoint,
My cup it overflows.
6. Goodness, and mercy, surely shall
Attend me all my days;
My fixed abode forever, Lord,
Shall be thy house of praise. 
A New Version of the Psalms of David, 1752

Комментарии: 0:

Отправить комментарий

Подпишитесь на каналы Комментарии к сообщению [Atom]

<< Главная страница